pink grey

nav bar

Monday, November 14, 2011

Impromptu Redecorating

So this weekend was supposed to be a relaxing 3-day weekend.  J. and I had no plans Friday or Saturday, and could just relax and spend time together. Then, J. decided to take down the towel rack in the bathroom. Well, this started a whole swift train of thought towards redecorating the bathroom. Here are a few 'before' pictures...


I forgot to take a picture before I started, 
so here it is with just a bit of trim done.







The color was tan, but a very light tan...too light. 



Not sure how it will look with the bright green curtains.



On Saturday morning, I had J. remove the last part of an old towel-rack that I could not get off the wall years ago when I was redecorating myself. Then I spackled all the holes in the bathroom. While we went to the gym, the spackle dried. Our impromptu decision sent us to Home Depot to get paint where J. picked out the paint color. When we got home I sanded, and cleaned, and put one coat of the new light yellow paint that J. had picked. Last night, I did the last coat and waited on J. to hang the mirror today. It is definitely a work in progress. I didn't like the yellow at first (don't tell J.) but it is growing on me. We still have to decide what shelves or racks to hang still, but I will figure that out this week and post 'finished' pics later this week. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment