pink grey

nav bar

Friday, November 11, 2011

The best decision I ever made

This past summer I made a huge decision, and it turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done. I had been going back and forth about the idea for years, weighing the pros and cons and putting it off. Now I am glad I did because I think fate intervened, and I made the leap at the exact right time.

It went a little like this, I had just broken up with J. because things were just not going well and my sister had just moved out of my house a month before. It was the end of the school year (I am a teacher) and I knew I would have a lot of alone time coming up. I like to have company and I feel like I am more productive when I have company...I loaf around less. I always knew logistically it could work, I mean, I have a nice sized backyard, that is fenced in. I live on a nice street with sidewalks. I have a kitchen where I can put up a gate to close it off. In the summers, I can come home a lot more often, because I only work 3-4 hours in a stretch. It just seemed like the perfect time. I went the first time, and just was not in the mood, and was still in an on and off state of upset about the whole breakup. I went back two days later with one of my friends, and that is the moment that I knew that it was worth the way. That is the day that I met....

Chloe

She is the love of my life. She is the first dog I have ever owned or had living with me. From day 1 she was great! House broken, kind, friendly, and a great snuggle bug. When I went to the SPCA that day, she had just arrived about 3 hours before. She and I were meant for each other. She has been my most favorite companion ever since (along with J, who I am back together with now). Her only "bad girl" moments revolve around food. If she has access to food, especially candy or bread (like her mama), she WILL eat it, and tear through bags or wrappers to do so. Therefore, a baby gate, and/or supervision when the gate isn't up fixes that problem. Since she is such a big part of my life, expect to see her cute puggle face an awful lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment